Vehicles are among the most important assets for most businesses, so it makes sense to protect them with a comprehensive and flexible commercial auto insurance policy. Here’s what you need to know about this important coverage.
Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance?
In most states, all vehicles owned by a business are required to be covered by commercial auto insurance This includes trucks, vans, SUVs, cars, pickup trucks, and other types of vehicles.
Some of the businesses that use commercial auto insurance include, without being limited to:
- Manufacturing companies
- Catering companies
- Delivery companies
- Construction companies
- Sales representatives
Keep in mind that your Business Owner Policy (BOP) does not cover your vehicles, so it’s extremely important to get separate coverage for these crucial assets.
Finally, according to the Insurance Information Institute, “Most states require you to purchase liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage that may result from a vehicle accident occurring while you or someone from your organization is driving on business.”
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Some specifics may change depending on the carrier, but most commercial auto insurance policies offer the following protections:
- Liability: Pays for bodily injury or property damage you may be responsible for as a result of a covered accident.
- Medical payments: Covers medical expenses related to covered accidents for you, your employees or other passengers.
- Collision coverage: Offers financial protection if you hit another vehicle, another vehicle hits you, or if your vehicle rolls over, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle arising from accidents other than collisions, for example, theft, vandalism, or fire, among others.
More Tips and Ideas About Insurance
Learning more about insurance helps you protect your assets, your family, and your financial stability. These are some previous posts you can check out for more tips and ideas.
- What are the most common life insurance riders?
- 5 Tips to save on RV insurance
- Renters Insurance: Everything you need to know
- Avoid these common Boat Insurance myths.
- 10 Essential Home Insurance terms
Contact the Experts in Commercial Auto Insurance
Looking for commercial auto insurance in Bloomington, Riverside, or anywhere in California? at Delgado’s Insurance, we can help you find a policy customized to your needs.
We have locations in Riverside, California, and Bloomington, California. Contact us today by telephone (951-361-0084, 909-421-9003), email, or through our social media accounts to get a free quote and learn more about our services.