In a previous post, we covered the minimum requirements for auto insurance in California. But what about full coverage auto insurance in the Golden State? In this post, we’ll tell you what full coverage auto insurance is and why you should consider it.
Auto Insurance Requirements in California
Before we talk about full coverage auto insurance, it’s important to remember that every state sets its own minimum requirements for auto insurance.
In the case of California, state law requires drivers in the Golden State to carry the following levels of liability coverage:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $5,000 for damage to property.
It bears repeating that these are only MINIMUM requirements. It always makes sense to purchase insurance that exceeds the levels mandated by your state.
Now that we have dotted all our i’s and crossed all our t’s, we can take a look at full coverage auto insurance.
Full Coverage Auto Insurance in California
First off, let’s make this clear: There’s no one-size-fits-all definition for full coverage auto insurance.
People use this term to refer to auto insurance that includes the state-mandated coverages plus additional protections such as:
- Collision coverage. Helps pay to repair or replace your car if it’s in an accident with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage. Offers protection against damage that results from an accident other than a collision (such as fire, theft, or hail).
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Kicks in when you are in an accident and the other driver doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage to pay for the damages.
- Waiver on collision deductible. The insurance company waives the deductible requirement when an insured driver hits your vehicle.
It’s worth keeping in mind that, despite its name, full insurance coverage doesn’t offer protection against every single risk a driver has to deal with.
Learning about additional coverages and customizing your coverage is always a good idea. If you are interested in learning more, don’t hesitate to contact the experts at Delgado’s Insurance!
Need Auto Insurance in Southern California? Delgado’s Insurance Is Here to Help
If you are looking for full coverage auto insurance in California, contact the experts at Delgado’s Insurance.
We have locations in Riverside, California, and Bloomington, California. Get in touch today by telephone (951-361-0084, 909-421-9003), email (email@example.com), or through our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter) to get a free quote and learn more about our full range insurance and tax services.