Recreational Vehicles (RVs) such as motorhomes, fifth wheels, and travel trailers are constantly exposed to the elements and its hazards, including mold. With this in mind, it’s worth asking: Does RV insurance cover mold? Keep reading to discover the answer and learn more about RV insurance.
Does RV Insurance Cover Mold?
In most cases, RV insurance won’t cover mold, even if it’s caused by a covered peril, such as a storm. However, there might be exceptions. The only way to get a definitive answer is by reading carefully your insurance policy or contacting your insurance agent.
Even if your RV insurance won’t pay for mold damage, there are some things you can do to limit the risk of mold in your RV, for example:
- Inspect your vehicle for mold regularly
- Use a dehumidifier
- Inspect your pipes for cracks
- Run the range fan when you cook
- Make sure your RV is well ventilated
- Use a fan
- Have proper window insulation
- Wipe down wet surfaces as soon as possible
What Is Covered by RV Insurance?
As explained above, most RV insurance policies won’t cover mold damage. However, the do offer protection against some of the most common risk you face as an owner:
- Comprehensive: Protects your RV from theft, vandalism, windshield damage, impacts with animals and acts of nature.
- Collision: Covers impacts with other vehicles or objects, such as guardrails or fences.
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: Helps pay for damages or injuries you cause while you drive your Recreational Vehicle.
Chances are good that you use your RV to travel with family, so you’ll probably want to get as much protection as possible. If you want to have all your bases covered, you can also purchase additional coverages such as roadside assistance, total loss replacement, and vacation liability.
And if you have other questions about RV, auto or home insurance, don’t hesitate to contact our experts. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions and help you build a policy that meets your needs.
Delgado’s Insurance: Affordable RV Insurance in California
If you need dependable and affordable insurance in the Golden State, look no further than Delgado’s Insurance.
We have locations in Riverside, California, and Bloomington, California. Get in touch today by telephone (951-361-0084, 909-421-9003), email (email@example.com), or through our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter)!