Riding a motorcycle is a thrilling experience that must be enjoyed with peace of mind. That’s why motorcycle insurance is essential for every motorcycle owner.
This guide will provide you with the basic information about motorcycle insurance. Read on to discover your basic coverage options and some tips to save on your premiums.
Most states require you to carry a minimum of liability coverage. However, liability covers only damage to other people. Therefore, it’s important to consider more options in order to protect yourself and other people riding with you.
- Liability covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause to other people during an accident. Remember that liability coverage doesn’t cover you or your motorcycle.
- Collision insurance covers damage to your motorcycle in a crash with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive insurance covers damage due to accidents other than a collision (fire, theft, vandalism). Lenders usually require this coverage when you finance your motorcycle.
- Coverage for customized motorcycle parts is an option you should consider if you have a customized motorcycle, because some policies cover only factory standard parts.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage pays damages to you and your motorcycle caused by a driver who is uninsured or doesn’t have adequate insurance.
Depending on your carrier, there may be other coverage options available, such as towing, lost wages and accessories.
Money Saving Tips for Motorcycle Insurance
When it comes to motorcycle insurance, there are multiple factors that determine your premium. An insurer takes the following into account:
- Your age
- Your driving record
- The age of your motorcycle
- The number of miles you ride every year.
- Where you store your bike
Your specific situation and lifestyle may qualify you for a discount on your motorcycle insurance premiums. These are some ideas to save money on your policy:
- Choose a higher deductible: As with other forms of insurance, choosing a higher deductible is one of the most straightforward strategies to lower your premium.
- Keep a good driving record: Another tried-and-true strategy to lower your premium is maintaining a good driving record with no violations.
- Training course discounts: Depending on your type of motorcycle, you may get a discount after successfully completing a rider course.
- Mature rider discounts: Depending on your age, you may qualify for this type of discount.
At Delgado’s Insurance we are committed to helping you find a Motorcycle Insurance policy customized to your individual needs.
Contact us today by telephone (951-361-0084, 909-421-9003), email or through our social media accounts to get a free quote and learn more about our Motorcycle Insurance options. Our agents will be happy to assist you so you can find the coverage that makes the most sense to you.